- What's new
‘Shoes For You + Your Sole Mate’ Competition (26.7.2020 - 2.8.2020)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the Competition. All other information provided prior to entering the Competition, including any instructions on how to enter the Competition, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be rendered invalid.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
2. To enter, eligible individuals are required to do the following:
– The Entrant must tag their ‘Sole Mate’ and comment on the competition post with an answer to why they both deserve new shoes
– Both the Entrant and their tagged recipient (‘Sole Mate’) must follow our Instagram account @stevemaddenau
– The Entrant must like the competition post
3. The Winner of the Competition will win two (2) pairs of Steve Madden Australia shoes – one (1) for themselves and one (1) for their tagged recipient. The contents of the prize package include:
– Two (2) pairs of shoes from stevemadden.com.au online store, selected by the Winner (subject to stock and size availability)
– Prize must be claimed within one (1) year of the Competition end date (by 02/08/2021)
ELIGIBILITY OF ENTRY
4. Entry is only open to residents of Australia who are eighteen years (18) or older.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants/nominees (including an entrant’s/nominee’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
6. Multiple entries are accepted as long as the entrant has met all the entry criteria on each submission.
7. The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that his or her Entry will not be obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or violate any law.
8. The Entrant confirms and warrants that they have full power and authority to enter into this agreement and hereby indemnifies the Promoter from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
SELECTION OF WINNER
9. The Competition commences at 7PM AEST on Sunday 26th July 2020 and closes at 9PM on Sunday 2nd August 2020 (the “Competition Period”).
10. Following the conclusion of the Competition Period, Signal Brands Australia (“Steve Madden”) will select one Prize winner. This is a competition of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of the Winner.
11. The Winner shall be determined at Signal Brands Australia (“Steve Madden”), Alexandria, NSW, 2015. Winners will be notified on the day they are chosen. The decision is final and binding upon all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants who are not winners will not receive any notification at all. The Winner shall be notified by a direct message via Instagram.
CONDITIONS OF PRIZE ACCEPTANCE
12. The Winner will receive the Prize as set out in clause 3 (three) above.
13. The Winner will be permitted 1 (one) size exchange per each pair of shoes, in the case of the shoe not fitting.
14. The total retail value of the Prize is dependent on the Winner’s two (2) shoe selections. This can be up to approximately AUD$740 as a total (seven hundred and forty dollars, AUD).
15. The Prize must be taken by the nominee as stated and is not transferable to another person (unless agreed to by the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash.
16. If a Winner(s) is not contactable or the Prize is not claimed by the Winner(s) within 7 days of being notified, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. The Promoter reserves the right to reselect an alternative Winner as necessary to distribute the Prize/s subject to any directions given by the relevant authority.
17. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a gift to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. If the Prize is deemed undeliverable to the address(es) provided by the Winner, a redelivery fee may be applicable.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
19. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
20. Any cost associated with accessing the Internet, Instagram and mobile applications is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
21. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim or offer that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) use of a Prize.
22. The Promoter and its associated agencies shall not be liable in any way if the performance of obligations hereunder is delayed or becomes impossible by reason of any Act of God, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness, accident, civil commotion or any other cause.
23. The Promoter does not collect any personal information in this competition. If your entry is selected as the winning entry, you and/or your nominee will be contacted by Signal Brands Australia (“Steve Madden”) via email or direct message on Instagram for the purposes of distributing your prize.
24. The Promoter is Signal Brands Australia (“Steve Madden”) Pty Ltd, having its registered office at 39-41 O’Riordan St, NSW, Australia.
25. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia.